Vegan Pancakes & Chia Jam
Nothing screams weekend brunch like pancakes – am I right? Well these pancakes topped with a caramel sauce and chia jam will take your Sunday brunch to the next level! Trust us – you haven’t tasted anything like this combo before. They are vegan friendly, gluten free and refined-sugar free too!
Vegan Pancakes (Serves 2)
1 cup gluten free plain flour
1 tbsp GF baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp Chia Bia Milled Chia Seed
1 cup almond milk or dairy free milk of choice
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla extract
More oil to grease your pan/skillet, if necessary
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl whisk together the milk, oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture, whisking continuously until fully combined. Let the batter rest for at least 5 minutes so your pancakes will be extra fluffy.
- Place your pan over a medium heat and when hot lightly grease with additional oil.
- Pour/scoop on the mixture and cook for 2 -3 minutes before flipping and repeating on the other side.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter. Serve pancakes immediately or keep warm in the oven.
Caramel Sauce (Serves 2)
This sauce is to-die-for and it only has two simple ingredients: peanut butter and maple syrup!
- In a saucepan place 2 tbsp peanut butter with 4 tbsp maple syrup. Stir continuously over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes. When the mixture is about to start bubbling take it off the heat and allow to cool.
- Serve immediately.
250g fruit of choice
2-3 tbsp Chia Bia Whole White Chia Seeds (can use regular whole seeds either)
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp maple syrup/agave nectar
- Wash and chop fruit to preferred consistency. If you like a chunky jam chop the pieces bigger and vice versa.
- Place the fruit in a saucepan over a medium heat. It will begin to break down in its own juices so no need to add water.
- Once it is completely broken down remove from the heat. If you want a fine jam consistency you can mash the fruit at this point.
- Add the lemon juice, maple syrup and chia seeds and stir until well combined. Allow to stand for at least 5 minuted to cool before transferring to a jar.
- Keep stored in the fridge and use within 48 hours.
Enjoy! If you try out this, or any of our recipes, be sure to tag us using #HDYCYB to be in with a chance of winning some chia-tastic goodies!