Whole Chia Seeds
Boost your nutrition easily with Chia Bia. Simply add Whole Chia Seeds to your favourite foods or drinks and enjoy a varied and balanced diet and active lifestyle for good health!
Whole Chia Seeds Benefits
- High in Omega 3
- High in Fibre
- Source of Protein
- Absorbs 10 times its weight in liquid
- Crunchy seed texture
- Easy to use – breakfast, bake, blend, lunch, dinner
- Versatile – egg substitute – simply mix 1 tbsp seeds with 3 tbsp water for each egg required
- Resealable pack.
- Supports a healthy heart. One 15g portion (a tablespoon) of chia seed daily contributes to the maintenance of healthy blood cholesterol levels. *The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 2g of Omega 3 ALA
- We also stock White Chia Seeds, which holds the same nutrient properties as black chia seed.
Ingredients: 100% Chia Seeds (Salvia Hispanica)
Store in a cool, dry place.
€3.99 – €7.99
Why Buy Chia Seeds from us?
When you buy Chia Bia, you buy high quality, natural chia seeds from an Irish company. Whole chia seeds are a tiny, subtle-tasting seeds that have a soft shell meaning they are easy to digest and don’t have to be milled before eating. Boost your nutrition easily with Whole Chia Seeds. High in Fibre, Omega 3 and Protein.
What is Chia?
Chia seeds are nutrient dense small black and white seeds, added to food to boost nutrition. Naturally gluten free and packed with Omega 3 & Fibre, chia seeds is a great source of Protein, Vitamins and Minerals.
15g serving of Chia Seeds = 5g Fibre + 3g Protein + 3g Omega 3
Chia seeds in it’s whole & milled format is subtle tasting meaning you can easily add extra goodness to mealtimes!
Chia seeds are harvested from a purple and white flowering plant called Salvia hispanica L. This plant is a member of the mint family, Lamiaceae. Optimal growing conditions are in regions close to the equator. Chia seeds absorbs up to ten times its weight in water, which is ideal for a plant that grows in the desert.
Chia seeds has a soft outer shell which are bodies can easily break down and absorb the nutrients. Some people prefer the flour like texture of milled chia seeds. We mill the chis seeds using a cold-milling process so that no nutrients are lost. Milled chia seeds is a great way to hide extra nutrition in kids’ meals!
Just add chia seeds to your favourite foods or drinks and enjoy as part of a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.